Monday, December 14, 2009

Discouraged

Hi all!

I don't understand it. I have great ideas. I get all excited about them, but can't answer the simplest questions. Maybe that is the wrong way to word this. I am unable to answer anything past the initial developments. Then, I give up and toss everything aside like it wasn't worth anything. In the end, I accomplish nothing-unless you count me getting really mad over stupid crap.

All it really does is make me look down upon myself. Maybe I am not supposed to be a writer. If all I can do is come up with incomplete plot lines, I am never going to get anywhere. Ug! Now I am saying "oh wo as me!" And for what reason? None that I know of. So I am having a hard time. I'm sure everyone does. I just need to learn to push myself without help. Maybe that is the problem. I always run to people when I get stuck. Should I quit it?

2 comments:

bettielee said...

I'll be honest... I was hoping there would be pups on your blog. But, since there aren't, I will tell you something, because I often felt this very same way. It's ok to get all excited about an idea, and even to start writing it. However, there comes a time when you have to answer questions and the like about the world and the plot and the color skirt your heroine is wearing and if it means anything.

This is hard, sometimes, and for me, it was pure laziness. As soon as I had to thing past the first flush of inspiration, I got straight up lazy. You must not be lazy. And - read this book http://www.amazon.com/Let-Crazy-Child-Write-Creative/dp/188003235X I am not affiliated with the author and get no kickbacks, but it's great at encouragement and helping you use your instincts to flesh out your stories.

Alycia said...

Sadly, my blog is strictly a writing blog. Is this book available in regular book stores? I don't like to buy things on-line.