Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas

Hi All!

As much as this month has dragged on, Christmas and New Years will be here before one can say snow man. At this point, my sort-of break will be coming to a halt, as I prepare my novel to compete in a contest. I suppose I could work on a series of short stories, but then I'd have to do the math. As far as that goes, I'm just plain lazy!

Back to writing. I think the "break" has done me good. I had forgotten that the reason I started writing in the first place was-aside from keeping me busy since I had virtually no social life as a teen-because I enjoyed it. This past week awakened that in me. At first, I thought my friend A. had lost her mind, but I see now that she was right on the money.

The combination of letting myself go so-to-speak, and plowing through a plot bank I have saved on my computer(It's posted in the first entry of my blog if anyone cares to steal, or glance at it.) has turned on the plot bunny car at top speed. Now all I have to remember to do is make my characters and plots fully formed when the time comes.

The other thing I need to ensure is that I am well rested. Lack of sleep makes me extremely unproductive. In fact, I will probably have to take a nap New Years Day depending on how much sleep I get the night before. Not saying going to use that as an excuse, but the point is to come out with something at least semi useable. I'm thinking I should probably set a word count goal for the day. Not sure how much, though. Perhaps, I will talk with my friend about that.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season. I will keep you guys updated as often as I can. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: