Monday, July 27, 2009

My Novel

Hi guys,

It looks like I have finally hit on a direction that works for me. Damn shame it had to happen right before I am scheduled to leave town. While I do plan on writing, I won't be able to bring the completed parts with me. Hopefully, I won't get thrown too far off the beaten path. If nothing else, the change of scenery is sure to inspire me. You know what they say about changing work habits periodically?

In other news, I have been reading more frequently. My goal is a minimum of twenty pages per day. However, I made a rule for myself. If I reach those twenty pages and I'm mid chapter, I have to keep going until that chapter ends. My thinking is by doing that I'll eventually automatically read passed my goal the majority of the time.

While reading, I keep a dictionary handy to look up any words I don't know. Sure I can usually pick up the meaning by the context it's used, but this forces me to see all the meanings of that word. Ergo, forcing me to use my brain before it totally evaporates.

I might add that I don't always enjoy either of these things. It doesn't matter, though. Monday through Friday I write whether I feel up to it or not-well unless I am sick with more than a cold. EVERYDAY I read. I do not allow myself any breaks on that whatsoever. Ever so slowly, I am becoming a more productive person thanks to this.

Anyway, I am off for now. I wrote this morning. It's noon. That means its time for lunch, chores, and reading.

No comments: